Consent to the installation of the App
Under data protection laws, we are required to provide you with certain information about who we are, how we process your personal data and for what purposes, and your rights in relation to your personal data. This information is provided in and it is important that you read that information.
By installing TUBR app, you consent to our processing of your device identification details and location information as described in the policy.
How you can withdraw consent
You may change your mind and withdraw consent at any time by deleting the App but that will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
Full name: Dash Tabor
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 27, Old Gloucester Street, London, WC1N 3AX, UNITED KINGDOM
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We will only collect and store the following personal data from you.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Location Data we use geo-location technology to determine your current location when you are within 1 mile of a tube station and to provide you with a customised service. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling Location Data in your settings. Usage Data which includes information about how you use the platform, what content you view and search for, your interactions with communications we aggregate in order to send to you (e.g. via notification) accurate predictions for your experience preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Usage and Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions, viewing habits and patterns. We do not use, store or collect cookies.
Data consented for TUBR Communication Purposes
If you have joined our mailing list, we will hold a limited amount of personal data, containing your name and email address, on you. This data is not collected from the App or used for processing purposed within the App. This data will not be sold or used for any other purpose then to provide you with relevant TUBR information.
You provide your consent when you sign up for the mailing list. If you would like to have your name removed please unsubscribe in the email or contact the data privacy manager named above.
We do not transfer data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data's accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.